Wednesday 3 July 2013

Happy memory.

A happy memory, wow I'm finding this one difficult, don't start feeling sorry for me though, I just can't narrow it down to one memory. 

So I'm going to have to be predictable. 

27th February 2011. 
Wembley Stadium. 
Birmingham City take on Arsenal in the Carling Cup final. 

To any passing Blues fans I'm talking about that day, that match, that wonderful feeling, the atmosphere, the joys not the sorrows that followed it. 


For me it started off wet, it was a cold, wet February day, we'd parked on a friend of a friends drive in Wembley and had walked to the ground so we were soaked. 
I went to the loos and tried to dry my shoes under the hand dryer. 
Then we went to our seats

WOW

We can all say something is breath taking but has it really taken your breath away... That moment did, to see Wembley unfold before me was amazing it took my breath away and I stood speechless for a moment. 

I'm not going to give you an account of the game, that's not my style and to be completely honest as a mum when you go anywhere with your children you've always got one eye on them or in this case me and Jack had our eyes on the backsides of the rather worse for wear girls in front of us!

The build up to the game was exciting and (bias alert) we were the better set of fans. The pitch decoration was awesome and has been Tommys screen saver on many occasions. 

Any journey with a four year old and an eight year is filled with untimely toilet breaks and this day was no exception. 

At 1-1 Paul turned to me and said I think we can do this!

At 2-1 we went BONKERS

And so did everyone else around us!  Two men gambolled through us, I think it's safe to say they'd been drinking! 

Final Whistle. 

We'd done it, we, the under dogs had won. 

I cried, Paul cried, the kids cried. 

Amazing. 

Jack needed the loo just as we were about to lift the cup, so we did a mad run to and from the toilets!

A truly happy memory. That can never be  taken away. 


1 comment:

  1. It sounds amazing to be part of such a big event and with all of you involved that is brilliant!
    I've not been to the new Wembley yet - well not in it yet - went to the old one quite a bit - need to find something as exciting as this to get to!
    Thanks for sharing - see you tomorrow for the continuing challenge.
    Kay

    ReplyDelete